Over 30 years of specialized professional experience in trail construction, reconstruction, planning. design, maintenance, and consulting for hiking, jogging, ORV, and equestrian trails.
Specialized skills and qualifications in the following areas:
- Trail layout and design, bridge construction
- Culvert installation; rip rap
- Erosion control; soil stabilization, bank retention (geotextiles, gabion retaining walls, etc.)
- Stream crossings; armored (concrete paving blocks), standard
- Stairways (wooden, rock riser, pinned, etc.)
- Trail paving and surface hardening
- Trail surveying, mapping, and GIS services
Professional experience in trail design, construction, and reconstruction projects in (# of projects):
- Wenatchee National Forest; Washington (1)
- Willamette National Forest; Oregon (3)
- Rio Grande National Forest; Colorado (3)
- Manti La Sal National Forest; Utah (1)
- Clearwater National Forest; Idaho (2)
- Lolo National Forest; Montana (1)
- California High Sierra areas including; Inyo (1), Sierra (1), Stanislaus (1), Eldorado (2), Tahoe (4), and Toiyabe National Forests (1)
- Los Padres National Forest; California (1)
- California Department of Parks and Recreation (2)
- Pebble Beach Company; Pebble Beach, California (5)
- Tiscornia Estate Company, Corte Madera, California (1)
- City of Carmel By the Sea, California (1)
- Self-contained rock drills
- Morrison Trailblazer (trail widths 18 inch-30 inch)
- Kubota Excavator (trail width 30 inch-48 inch);
- Honda Power Carriers (gas powered)
- Generators for power equipment use
- Trimble GPS equipment
- (licensed in many states) Calif. License #6068
- Carmel High School; Carmel, Calif.
- Monterey Peninsula College Monterey, Calif.
- Butte College; Chico Calif.
- Calif. State University at Chico; Chico, Calif.